Board Action/ Enforcement
  Board Meetings
  Board Members and Staff
  Complaint Procedure
Continuing Education
  Fee Schedule
  For Consumers
  Forms and Applications
  Laws and Regulations
  License Lookup/Verification
  Name and Address Change
  Request License Verification for Another State
  Vision and Value Statement
  Board Home
Thank you For Your Service


Military Members and Families,
If you or your spouse is a current or retired member of the armed forces of the United States, or a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States, including the Ohio national guard, the following information is provided to help you in obtaining licensure by the Ohio Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.


Renewal/Reinstatement Fee Waivers for Military
If you are licensed by the Board and are seeking renewal/reinstatement, you may be eligible for waiver of certain fees. To obtain a waiver of the late processing fee (renewal) or the relicensure fee, generally you need to meet these requirements:
(1) not more than 6 months prior to the application, you or your spouse was honorably discharged or separated;

(2) if you are a licensee, you are not suffering a mental/physical impairment affecting your ability to practice;

(3) if you are a military spouse, your spouse's service caused you to be absent from Ohio during renewal.

Continuing Education Time Extension
Audiologists or speech-language pathologists called to active duty during a current or prior continuing education (CE) reporting period may receive an extension of time to complete CE requirements equal to the number of months spent in active duty.

Expedited Licensure
As a current or retired member of the armed forces, the Board will provide expedited processing of licensure applications to you or your spouse. If you hold national certification from the American Speech-Language Hearing Association, American Board of Audiology, or are already licensed in another state as an audiologist or speech-language pathologist, you are eligible to begin practice in Ohio upon receipt of your licensure application, pending the disposition of your application. Please be sure to check the box on the appropriate application indicating that you are in or retired from the military or the spouse of someone who is in or retired from the military. Licensure is granted immediately upon receipt of all required documents and verification of information.

Cross Walk Table
If you are a current or retired member of the armed forces of the United States, including the Ohio National Guard, please visit our Cross Walk Table for information about pathways to licensure as an audiologist, speech-language pathologist, conditional speech-language pathologist, audiology aide, or speech-language pathology aide.

Additional Resources
Military personnel, military spouses and veterans of our armed services can also find helpful information:

If you have additional questions, please contact the Board's Executive Director, Gregg B. Thornton, directly via telephone at (614) 644-9046 or e-mail:

State Home